Search

Monday, December 22, 2003

Well, it's monday at noon here.

Last night ended up being lots of fun. Sunday dinner was excellent, got to watch my grandmother and sister make a gingerbread house, which is something that I remember from being a kid. Pretty cool.

Spent last night helping Cog move his stuff in. I enjoyed one of December's beer of the month brews. It was a Winter Warmer; very spicy, tasted like ginger and nutmeg. Very tasty!

I spent an hour playing Max Payne 2 last night as well. It was pretty underwhelming. More of the same from the first game, which I never thought was that good. Terribly linear, very stylized, but a style 'gritty cop with a checkered past' that was already a cliche in the 70's. And the basic game mechanic of 'enter a room, go into bullet time, and kill everyone in the room' just isnt' that cool. So I had to return to Grand Theft Auto 3: Vice City, which is also by Rockstar, and generally a much better game.

Today work is dead. There are about 4 people in the office, out of 60. This isn't bad, cause it gives me a chance to catch up on some work reading, check out some of the new games for this Christmas, and piddle around learning MAYA. Right now I'm finishing up Joel Spolsky's 'User Interface Design for Programmers'. Will post a review a little later today. I'm also playing Ion Storm's newest, 'Deus Ex 2: Invisible War.' It's a better game than I thought it would be.

-tf

No comments: