Search

Saturday, December 20, 2003

Quiet day here in Austin today.

Went by Central Market South this morning to order a turducken for Christmas morning with the family. For those of you who don't know, a tur-duck-en is a cajun delicacy. You take a boneless chicken, stuff it inside a duck, stuff that inside a turkey. Usually there is stuffing of some kind crammed in there too. Cook for a few hours, and viola. I had one at Erin's house on thanksgiving, and it was great. The one we will be having on Christmas is to be stuffed with creole crawish etouffe. I hope it turns out well! Will keep you posted!

This afternoon was very quiet. Continued working my way through Earth Abides. Then, just to continue on the Apocalypse theme, I watched 28 Days Later for the first time. Pretty neat film. The 'Radically Alternate Ending' told through storyboards was the coolest to me. Second to that, the theatrical ending was probably the best. I really have to give props to their use of God Speed You Black Emperor music in the score. Perfect for that kind of film.

Tonight, I'm still missing my girl. Expect I'll spend the rest of the evening trying to finish up EA & maybe do a little editing on Vic's website for him.

Out.

-tf

PS: Oh yeah, Cog graduated today. Congratulations.

No comments: